About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Countryfile Success with IVF

It's http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3097385/Julia-Bradbury-talks-candidly-having-gruelling-IVF-treatment-giving-birth-twins.html good to hear about those times when breakthrough happens. Not everyone who tries for a baby will conceive. Does this mean that we should give up, or should we go down one of the routes of medical development? That's the tough decision for many of us Christian women to make. I'm not here to direct anyone one way or another, I've made my thoughts on IVF clear in other posts. 

For those who are going through IVF, Countryfile presenter, Julia Bradbury has recently shared her story with the about her own journey with IVF. She conceived her first child naturally after being diagnosed with endometriosis. Then when they decided to try for a second child, the endomeriosis caused secondary infertility. But, praise God....who is always the Creator of life, the result of their decision for IVF lead to the birth of beautiful twins. 

If you are dealing with the struggle of IVF - the injections, the loss of dignity, the sickness it to mention the worry, read Julia's story here, and know that God is able to walk with you through every step.


Father, I pray you would be with every one of Your women who are currently engaged in the IVF process. I pray You would stay with them through every procedure, every injection, every pill.... Lord uphold and strengthen them for the heartaches as well as for the hope. Lord, You are ultimately the Creator of life, and I pray that if You choose to bring life through IVF that You would be honoured and glorified by those who put their faith in You for this procedure. Oh Lord, draw close to every couple who is walking this difficult road. In Jesus name I pray.

No comments: