About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Such Flippancy!

I was sitting in my local Coffee Shop recently, working on an article, when a group of young women came and occupied the table next to me... nothing unusual about that. But as they were leaving, a comment one of them made grabbed my attention. She looked like the youngest in the group, in her mid-twenties and as they walked past my table she suddenly declared to her friends, "don't ever have children! It's a nightmare!" And all because she'd had to arrange a baby-sitter before she could go out on another occasion and was having to get home to pick them up from school on this occasion.

Now what if, one of her friends was struggling to conceive! Wow! I think I would have something to say if one of my friends made that declaration!!! Children are a gift from God, a blessing to those who He entrusts to raise them. So it may be a bit "inconvenient" to have to arrange a sitter, or to have get back earlier than you would have wanted; but you know what... I CAN'T WAIT to have those kind of problems! I can't wait to have to make plans to meet up with friends, instead of spontaneously texting someone in a morning, I can't wait to make plans with Hubby to go out, and needing to ask a sitter to look after my child. I can't wait to have to make my apologies when out with friends, in order to get back to my child.

When I have had to wait so long for Bubba to arrive, I can't wait to treasure every moment of his or her life, when he or she is eventually conceived, and born!

Rant over!! Lol!


Father God I pray for those parents who struggle with their children, and the change this brings to their lives. I pray You would open up their heart to the gift of the child You have blessed them with, and You would increase the love for their child, to replace the feelings of mild irritation and frustration they may feel at having to work around their child or children. Lord, I know being a parent is not easy, so I ask for a treasured moment between that particular mum and her child this afternoon, and that You would encourage, strengthen and support those mums, particularly single mums, who are tired, depressed or struggling with parenthood. 

Father God, I thank for the gift of children and pray You would grant me, and those who are also TTC with the gift of a baby. In Jesus name.

No comments: