About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lovely Latte!

Hubby and I went out for breakfast the other day, to a carvery who had started doing an "all you can eat" breakfast buffet. They also offer unlimited tea or coffee.

I ordered a latte from the waitress and went to help myself to my bacon and poached eggs, while she made it and carried it over to where I was sitting. Then I went to sit down and scoff me grub!

The manager was clearing tables around us and started to chat to me, "You must be a very special lady" she said. I was a bit confused, so just smiled politely. Mark was getting his breakfast, so I knew she'd not overheard him saying something special.

"Yeah, you must be very special. You have a latte"

OK, so I know Lattes are delicious and can make a coffee that little bit more special, but seriously!

"We don't normally serve Lattes with the breakfast." she continued

"Oh don't you... I hadn't realised."

"Not usually," she continued, "we put out the self-service tea and coffee, that's the good thing about being pregnant, people will look after you and get you what you need" she replied.

Normally, I'd have jumped up in a huff proclaiming how I was not pregnant, I'd put on some weight and was in the process of losing it...

But on this occasion, there didn't really seem to be the need to set the record straight.

She might have taken away my Latte!!!

No comments: