About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Taking Control

I really hate it when I am at my lowest in my cycle, when I really think it's too much to bear, when I wonder if there will be a light at the end of this particular tunnel and how much further away it is, and then something happens which is like a big kick in an already badly bruised heart.

Someone pressing on a bruise is one of the worst things, if you ask me. It's like you're already hurting and then some random person gets a kick out of reminding you the bruise is there and making it hurt a little more.
As if I didn't feel bad enough about the next step awaiting me, I had a gut-wrenching reminder in my head that if Hubby and I don't have a Bubba, it'll be my fault because it's my body which isn't working properly!
After being punched around the head with this thought, I decided there must be a way for me to take control on a physical level as will as a spiritual one!

I started to hunt around the internet and realised some of the food I love may not actually be the best for fertility. I know caffeine is one of the big no-no's and I only drink one a day, but I love to eat chocolate. Okay, everything in moderation! But there must be foods out there to help my body to be fertile.

I know my issue is a blocked tube caused by endometriosis, I know it's not really affected by what I eat... But I'm at that place where I just need to do something! I need to have a sense of control that with God's help, I can make a difference to this Journey for Bubba! Food seems like a good place to start... In my desperation!

So I rushed out and bought lots of pulses and wholemeal stuff to add to the fish and salad etc and am trying to do what science can't do for my particular Journey.

If God created the food I eat, rather the processed food which is easy and readily available, then it stands to reason there must be some benefit to it! Even if it is time consuming (soak lentils overnight before use)!!!

No comments: