About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mother's Day Prayer

Father God, I lift up to you every woman for whom today will be difficult, that You would strengthen them, drawing close to them

For the woman who desires to be a mum, but is struggling to conceive, going through Fertility treatment, waiting to find out whether this month is successful, mourning the failure of another attempt, Lord God, please uphold her in Your arms, and shower her with Your love and Your peace.

For the woman who has suffered a miscarriage at any stage of her longed-for pregnancy, or her baby was born sleeping, Father God may she sense Your presence supporting her through this day, ease the pain Father, and may her Hubby and family sensitively encourage her today.

Father this is a day to honour mothers, so I pray each of us would honour our own mother, in the midst of the pain we face to be a mother. Help us oh Lord, and to rejoice with those who are rejoicing, knowing that one day, we too could rejoice in our own motherhood.

In Jesus name I pray.

No comments: