About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Encouraged for Mother's Day

I have an amazing friend who I have mentioned before in this blog. She and her Hubby have been on this journey for their own Bubba for about 12 years, and she is such an incredible source of strength and encouragement.

I have been faced with the prospect of what to do on Mother's Day, which is coming up at the weekend. Now if I am being honest, I actually wanted to hide under the duvet, sobbing and hiding away from the world for 24 hours - emerging only to honour my own mum on the old dog and bone! I had planned to do that - and had told Hubby to do life independent of me on Mothering Sunday!!

This may be a bit extreme, but the way I see it, is that had my body been working normally, I would have been a mum - a real mum, not just a step-mum! But my body - my reproductive system is faulty, and so I am not a mum! But since making my announcement to Hubby, the Holy Spirit wouldn't leave me alone to wallow! Isn't that just the way!! The Lord has been challenging me to live life abundantly - yes, even on Mothering Sunday. It may not be about me, but it is about honouring the women who are mum's some of whom are related to me, some of whom are good friends of mine.

And then the real conviction came when in Church on Sunday. The announcement about bringing mums to Church for Mother's Day was made, because there was to be a special treat for every mum... a delicious specially baked Cupcake. Now, my amazing friend, she is the one who is making these cupcakes, and I can guarantee, they will be delicious, because I have sampled many a delicious flavour from her kitchen!! Seriously, this woman could easily open up her own Cupcake bakery and make an absolute fortune... they are gorgeous!

Can you imagine, struggling to conceive a baby of your own for twelve years, but taking the step to bake hundreds of cakes for all the mums in the Church to honour and bless them??? That's a sacrifice of love!

I was so inspired and challenged by the act of love she is doing for the women who are in the place she so desires to be in for herself, that I don't think I can hide away under the duvet on Mother's Day. If she can face the day with a big smile on her face and a delicious cupcake in her hand... then I should at least put a genuine smile on my face. **sigh**!!

So long planned duvet day!



**UPDATE**
Following the failure of the Clomid and Hubby making a decision to protect me, I ended up not attending Church on the Sunday morning. Hubby and I enjoyed a lazy Sunday morning, walking into town for a coffee and slice of cake together, and to pick up a bird for our lunch. When we returned home, Hubby set about preparing a lovely roast dinner for us. He realised, before I had, that the morning service would have been to much to bear. I love him for that.

No comments: