About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Medical Intervention??

So apparently, when a woman hits that magic age of 35, and hasn't conceived within six months, she is "encouraged" to seek medical advice. Maybe start the invasive process of looking at what is wring with her body.

As hubby and I stopped using the patch the end of August last year - I guess that means me.

I did go the Dr's a couple of months ago, because I had noticed a change in my periods and wondered if this was something to be concerned about... there were no female Dr's on duty at my practice for the foreseeable future, so I had to sit with a male Dr who didn't actually listen to my concerns, just thought I was "stressy" about not having conceived yet, and that the problem obviously lay in me as hubby already has a son. I don't really want to go back to him again!!!

He did say he would arrange for me to see a consultant re: the whole conception thing - in between telling me hubby and I should go on a holiday... Would love to - would he like to contribute his finances to this!!! Anyway - I've not received a letter about an appointment - only reminder letters to follow up on a letter I should have received, urging me to make an appointment.

I've been putting it off. I'm not sure I really want to be prodded and poked only to be told it is my fault I don't have bubba growing inside me. It's not really an easy thing to talk about, and it definitely isn't an easy thing to be told that I am the one with the problem. Again.

We had some friends round for dinner last night - an older couple. Lovely they are! The conversation turned to babies... as it inevitably does with us at the moment - I mean, we've been married for two years, it must be time to have bubba!!! I ended up telling her about the whole medical intervention thing, and how I was avoiding it - she challenged me with this:
"What if you don't follow up and in years to come you realise it was a simple thing stopping you from conceiving, which is easily treatable?"

Hmmm.... I hadn't thought of it like that. Maybe it is something which medicine combined with God's help, can repair. But what if it isn't... What if the problem is permanent...???

                         What if the journey doesn't have to end in tears..???