About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Somebody Shut The Window....

So... the window of possible fertilization soon closes each month. It's surprising how little time is actually available for conceiving Bubba. An egg is only alive for three days maximum, and the sperm can stay alive inside the uterus for up to five days. This is a total of eight days maximum in a 28 day cycle. The rest of the time is kinda pointless really!

And within those eight days, it doesn't help when Hubby goes away for the last seven days for the last three months because he has to go where the work is. It kinda makes the concept of trying to conceive a very difficult task!!

And so now, here I am at the closed end of the window of opportunity - with nothing to do but ... wait! I would rather have left it open a little longer - but there's nothing I can do about it at all.

And yet there are girls and women in the world around me, who have a baby soooo easily. Sleep with someone they don't really know in a one night stand or casual relationship and hey-presto... nine months later there's junior! And for what? So they can shove him or her into care, or pass them onto family and friends because they can't be bothered to look after their child, or neglect the child while they carry on their own life as if he or she was an inconvenience... such as the case being reported this afternoon about a two year old toddler who's twenty-something year old mother decided it was clever to use the child's bedroom as a cannabis farm... eventually causing his death when he drank plant food because she was too stoned, or couldn't be bothered to give him a drink from the day before. And where was she when this precious human life was suffering after drinking something in his hunger, which should never have been left out in his room... sleeping. At midday. With the boyfriend!

It makes me sooo mad to think that there are many women out there - women who are married and live a healthy lifestyle, with so much to offer a child - struggle to conceive, while others - like in this case - couldn't care less and treat the child as a fashion accessory or something which is a nuisance to their drug-fuelled life-style!

These are some of the issues the Government need to deal with, instead of shoving contraception implants in to thirteen year old girls arms!

A baby is not a right, it is an honour!!! If only more girls and women understood that sleeping around may get you a cute life-doll to start off with, but babies are people who grow up and need 24 hour love and care and attention.

If only people cared for humanity as much as we care for the STUFF around us! If only people loved people unconditionally, instead of "with benefit". The Western society has become an "everyone doing what is right in their own eyes" type of society... and no one gives a damn! Too many "parents" are consumed with wanting what makes them happy or what makes them feel good, instead of upon the needs of the child they have had entrusted to their care.

So if you, like me, are trying to conceive, and are waiting to find out if the window of opportunity slammed shut, or remained open long enough, try not to get frustrated with what you read in the press or see on television, because ultimately - everyone who harms one of the little ones God entrusted to Him will have to answer to Him for their abuse of each child. At the end of the day - God knows each life before we are even thought of. He knows the length of all our days. And He knows those who fail Him in the calling He gives to them. Shalom my friend. And Shalom to the hurting little ones. May the Lord send is angels to help you. May your heavenly Father hold you close to Him in His arms. Shalom to the mothers who are genuinely struggling but have a need to be the best mother they can be. May the Lord strengthen you and give you His wisdom for the daily decisions you need to make.

And to those parents, who from the outside give the appearance they just don't care... Shalom. May the Lord bring His peace to your inner turmoil which causes you to not be able to see beyond your own needs and wants... even addictions.