About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Watching and Waiting...

Now the hardest thing I am finding about trying to conceive, is the whole waiting game which accompanies this season. There's only a limited time when the egg can actually be fertilised - the rest of the time is spent either "practising" or waiting. The waiting stage usually happens as the cycle due day approaches...

I'm not the most patient of people anyway, but when I am waiting for something I really want - even less so. I have found myself become more and more anxious as the day "Auntie Flo" is due creeps up on me. And when I am late, my stomach feels as though it is twisting up in knots. Such as it was last night. I felt sick with anxiety as the "is this it or not" thoughts chasing each other round my head. 

So, I made a decision - I was going to test. Not because I am massively late this s day three, but purely for the sake of my sanity!!! And so I can sleep easier at night!!! With sweaty palms, combined with the built-up emotional anxiety, I conducted the home pregnancy test...

... Alas, I still have to wait... and continue to watch for the signs of Auntie Flo this month.