About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Struggling to Comprehend

So I know that being a parent is not a right... it is a privilege and an honour. I believe God is the ultimate giver of life, and nothing will change this foundational belief. But as I walk down the road and see teenage girls pushing prams with young babies and smoking cigs, or hear about women who have children taken away from them because of neglect or they don't want them, only to go on and have more... I struggle with this! 

I believe in my heart of hearts that marriage is the best place to raise a child... a marriage between one husband and one wife. A place where a family is safe to grow and develop and where children can become all they were created to be. 

So when I hear of children being born outside of marriage, or watch children struggling to know the whole story of who they are because their family is not the traditional God-ordained unit which has broken down across society, I struggle to comprehend why I am not yet a mother.

Watching television, there are sooooo many chat shows where this woman wants to prove this man is the father of her child... out of a possible 3 men... but she is convinced it is THIS one, THIS time.

There are news reports on a regular basis of another child being found neglected because the father hasn't been on the scene since the baby was conceived, and the mother just needed to get away and go on holiday... without her child. Or she can't cope with the screaming one more night and lashes out at her child.

Even today I heard of a woman who has a young baby, who was conceived through an internet add for a man to have sex with a woman who is in a gay relationship, just because she wanted to have a baby. They met in a dark, damp caravan to seal the deal... don't know whether it was just the one time... and hey presto... baby was conceived... she has 4 other children who were all taken off her and placed into care. Seriously... how is that fair! Not only do I not yet have a child, but I am paying for this other woman's baby through my taxes!!

But, as I said... God is the giver of life, and He has no obligation to give me a child... it is His right to determine when a life is created, and to whom. As hard as this may be for me to comprehend, I place my future in His hands.

No comments: