About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Monday, January 30, 2012

The Beginning

Background


So, let me tell you a little abut the journey so far. Hubby and I married in May 2010... What a beautiful day, so full of hope, and so full of the promise of what was yet to come. We were both in our thirties, and happy to have made our union in the sight of God.


You see, we are both Believers in Jesus. We held off, with His divine help, from sex before marriage... even from kissing on the lips until that special moment... "You may now kiss the bride!"


We didn't want to start our family straight away, because we wanted to get to know each other as individuals, but also because hubby had a son from a previous relationship he was trying to reconnect with... He is now six, and a definite part of our lives, but back in May 2010... the ring-bearer was missing from our relationship.


Then, 16 months later, we made the decision to remove the contraceptive barrier we had been using, and entrust the future of our family into the hands of God. That was at the end of August 2011... from September, we were open to the Will of our Heavenly Father.


The journey has well and truly begun...

No comments: